German environment minister, Norbert Rötgen: “Senat der Wirtschaft has achieved international reputation”.
As official member of the international Conference of the environment ministers, Prof. Rademacher...
Alliance of German organizations and personalities backs proposal of the European Parliament
With the topic “IMPACT! How to become a changemaker“ the Vision Summit 2012 will take place in...
In early 2011 Prof. Dr. Franz Josef Radermacher – president of the Global Economic Network –...
Prince Hassan from Jordan – former president of the Club of Rome – worked actively on the...
We understand Economy as human action and inter-action for individual development and well-being, and for common welfare of humankind as a whole. At issue is the art of achieving economic objectives sustainably, minimizing input of material resources and maximizing the application of creative human potential.
First and foremost economic thinking must become increasingly holistic. Members of the Global Economic Network hold that with prudent utilisation of resources and creative potentials, greater wealth becomes accessible on all levels of human life – material, social and cultural. Economy, understood in this vein, can become the driving force for freedom, peace, justice, ethics and culture, and achieve a new, humane and global “economic miracle”.
The Global Economic Network conceives itself as
• a network of globally responsible personalities from business, and also from science, politics, media and civil society, intent on learning from one another and on contributing towards a balance between business and other sectors of society.
• a new generation, practice oriented think-tank (“walk-the-talk”), where innovate thinkers and practitioners join hands.
• an organisation oriented towards common welfare, and refraining from traditional lobbying for particular interests.
• an organization offering to the political domain common welfare-oriented concepts, along with the competence, commitment, and experience of its members.
• a driver for a global eco-social market economy, shaping a just and balanced framework of globalization
• a driver for “Corporate Social Responsibility” proactively deepening and implementing the principles of the “UN Global Compact”.
• a driver for “Social Business”, in line with the leadership provided by Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus.
ECONOMY CONCERNS US ALL.